Risk is a very exciting and dynamic board game for players of all ages. In this game, victory depends on luck and right strategy because the players play on the board by rolling dice and trying to win the world. Which player win all the countries that becomes the winner. To win Risk game we have to adopt different strategies to eliminate your opponents.
Risk board game has a map of the world that has been placed on the board and divided into different countries. Each player has armies and tries to defeat their enemies by using tricks and skills. In other words, players aim to take over countries from other players by using their armies. The game ends when one player controls all the countries on the map. To know more about Risk board game strategies, rules, and general strategies to win keep reading.
What is Risk board game ?
Risk is a classic strategy board game like Axis & Allies, Diplomacy, Game of Thrones etc. It was released in 1957 and designed for 2 to 6 players, who control armies of playing pieces with which they try to capture territories from other players whose aim to win the world.
The world is divided into forty-two territories, which are grouped into six continents these are North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia. Each territory and continent have different color to differentiate from one another. Each turn consists of gaining and moving armies, as well as engaging in battles to conquer new territories.
Rules of Risk Game
In the game of Risk, the game pieces are the main for playing and strategizing. Here is the complete information given to play Risk board game.
- Armies: There are three types of army pieces, and they have different colors, each representing a different number of troops (like 1, 5, and 10).
- Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery: In this game Risk, the armies are represented by figures such as infantry (1 troop), cavalry (5 troops), and artillery (10 troops).
- Risk Cards: These cards play a crucial role in the game. They are typically drawn when you successfully win at least one territory during your turn. These cards can be traded in for additional armies, and they usually feature a territory and an infantry, cavalry, or artillery symbol.
- The Game Board: The game board is essential and it is a map of the world divided into territories and continents.
- Dice: Dice are used to resolve battles in the game. There are usually five dice – three red and two white. The red dice are rolled by the attacker, and the white dice are rolled by the defender.
- Red Dice – The red dice are rolled by the attacker. When attacking an opponent’s territory, the attacking player rolls dice to determine how many of their troops will be able to attack. The defending player also rolls dice to determine how many of their troops can defend. The battle outcomes are determined by comparing the highest dice rolled.
- White Dice – The white dice are rolled by the defender. When being attacked, the defending player rolls dice to determine how many of their troops in that territory can defend against the attack. The number of defending troops is limited by the number of total troops in that territory.
How to play Risk Game?
Here is a simple overview of how to play the Risk board game.The goal of the game is to take over the world by occupying every territory on the board. but before playing you have to Setting up a game of Risk. Here’s how you can do it, step by step.
- First of all, place the board and choose players, Risk can be played with 2 to 6 players.
- The board map is laid out showing different territories.
- Each player gets a set of army pieces of the same color.
- Players take turns placing 1 army on any territory until all territories are occupied.
- On your turn, you get new armies based on the number of territories you occupy.
- You can place your new armies on territories you already own.
- You can attack your opponent’s territories that are next to yours. You roll dice to see who wins the battle and destroys the other’s armies.
- If you defeat an opponent, you take over their territory by moving your armies there.
- You continue taking turns attacking, defending territories, and placing new armies.
Also check: Top 7 Game Sites Not Blocked by School
Risk board game top 9 strategies to win :
You may win Risk by using right strategy like when and where you attack and place armies. Luck is involved when rolling dice in battles. Here are some tips for winning Risk board game.
- Firstly, you have to focus on taking over entire continents early in the game. Continents give you extra new soldiers each turn. Australia is a good starter continent since it’s got only one way in and out.
- You have to put a few extra soldiers on borders between you and your opponents. This helps defend your territories when they attack.
- You should only attack if you’ve got good odds to win the battle. Don’t attack unless you’ll probably win based on the number of troops you’ve each got.
- Trade in Risk cards for extra armies right before launching a big attack. Save your wild cards until you really need them.
- You should keep in mind where your opponents put new armies. This shows you where they want to attack or defend.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. It’s better to focus on building up key areas than taking over too much territory.
- At the end of your turns, move extra troops to important spots to defend them. This is called fortifying.
- Be ready to change your plans based on what your opponents do. Don’t stick to the same strategy no matter what.
- Knock out players one by one. Gang up on the player with the most territories until they’re eliminated.
So we can say that Risk is an engaging game and you can win by using smart strategy like get continents, build up borders, attack smart, trade cards wisely, watch your opponents, q2defend well. Use these tips to win the Risk board game.
Also check: What is Snokido? Is it safe ?