YouTube is a popular streaming platform whose app is available for all devices like mobile phones and Television. Despite being a smooth app, minor glitches are sometimes evident. Fortunately, minor fixes can give a needed solution. One such issue is YouTube on firestick not working. If you are looking for the solution for the same, you are at the right place.
Check out this post till the end to not only get fixes but also to acquire valuable insights.
- 1 Why Is Youtube Not Working On Firestick- Common Issues
- 2 YouTube TV not working on firestick- Methods to Fix
Why Is Youtube Not Working On Firestick- Common Issues
While some YouTube users on firestick complain about YouTube on firestick not working, the issues need to be clearly inferred to get a be-fitting solution for the same. Here are some such glitches and annoys users to explore queries like why is YouTube not working on firestick.
- Issues in Playability: Sometimes, a YouTube video takes minutes to buffer the content when this is not the case all the time. This can be addressed as an issue if accompanied by other glitches stated below.
- Failed Audio Sync: YouTube never fails to sync the audio as it streams. However, if you address syncing issues, probably there is a glitch that you need to address.
- Errors in Interface: Sometimes, particular areas of the app get stuck repeatedly; for instance, the trending tab may not open on the device.
- Visual Errors: In general, users never face issues in frame rates unless the video has frame rate problems. However, if you face such issues in all the videos, there is a glitch that you may need to address.
Sudden crashes or frequent loading cab accompany these issues to vex users. Fortunately, we came up with working fixes for you. Let’s Check out the same in the following lines.
YouTube TV not working on firestick- Methods to Fix
If you are watching YouTube on your Television, and the app suddenly crashes, the issue can be resolved by implementing one or more of the following fixes. Check out these to get a be-fitting solution for your issue- YouTube tv not working on firestick.
FIX 1: Check out the internet connection
Apps buffer a lot and occasionally crash because of lack of or inadequate internet speed. Thus if you face YouTube on firestick not working issue, you must probably start with checking out and refreshing your internet source if needed. If not resolved, you can also check the app with some other account or guest account to detect if the issue is with your account.
FIX 2: Try Restarting your Smart TV/ Fire Stick
If the issue is not resolved by switching the accounts, try restarting the firestick to reload the setting and apps. Here’s how you can do it:
- Step 1: Grab the Firestick remote and press the Home button for some time until you see a short menu.
- Step 2: Navigate to Settings and select it.
- Step 3: In the list of options available, scroll done to find and select My Fire TV
- Step 4: Select Restart and wait for the firestick to restart and reload the contents.
Check out if the YouTube on firestick is not working issue is resolved by opening the app.
FIX 3: Clear the App Cache in the app and Television
If the YouTube on firestick not working issue is not cleared even after restarting your firestick, you may need to check the same after clearing the cache of the app. Here’s how you can clear cache:
- Step 1: Long press the home button on-screen to find a short menu
- Step 2: Navigate and select Settings
- Step 3: Navigate through options and select on Applications
- Step 4: Now, select Manage Installed applications
- Step 5: You can now see a list of apps, select YouTube TV
- Step 6: Scroll down and click on Clear Cache
Apart from clearing cache, you can also check with other adjacent options like force stop and clear data to see if the YouTube on firestick not working issue is resolved.
FIX 4: Reinstall the YouTube app
If the issue of YouTube on firestick not working is not yet resolved, try reinstalling the YouTube app on your firestick. Since this process is not complicated, you can make it out in minutes. Here’s how this is done:
- Step 1: Long Press on the home button to launch options on the screen
- Step 2: Select Settings and then navigate to Applications and click on it
- Step 3: Now, select the Manage Installed Applications
- Step 4: Scroll to find YouTube and select it
- Step 5: Scroll down the options to tap on Uninstall. Wait for the app to get uninstalled.
- Step 6: Now navigate to the applications list and select Apps and more
- Step 7: Search For YouTube and download it again, and log in to it.
Check if the YouTube on firestick is not working is resolved now.
That’s It! You now know how to fix YouTube on firestick not working. The fixes suggested above are basic and have resolved issues for many users in recent times. Additionally, you may try to restore your firestick to factory settings. This may clear those issues that are created over time. Now that the mission is Accomplished get on to stream beloved content on YouTube TV.