Welcome to the world of gaming! Technology is amazing. Astounding when you actually think about it. The Internet is a platform that allows you to access anything you want or need with a click of a button, and all you need is air. Paid for air, but air, nonetheless. And perhaps, one of the most innovative creations of the modern-day is video games. They are so life-like, and sometimes you need to take a step back and breathe. So, to know about Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error, you need to know what is Witcher 3?
- What is The Witcher 3?
- Causes of the Script Compilation Errors
- How to fix Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error?
- Frequently Asked Question
What is The Witcher 3?
Wild Hunt is an action role-playing game developed by Polish developer CD Projekt Red and first published in 2015. This cult classic is known for its developed storylines and graphics. It is a single-player video game. A fine choice, the game has received The Game Award for Game of the Year. Despite the initial bugs and technical faults reported, the game has been sufficiently adapted over the years to the best of its ability.
The game takes place in a fictional fantasy world based on Slavic mythology. The game’s story has three possible endings, determined by the player’s choices at key points in the narrative.
One of the best features of this game is its modding community, which the developer supports. Video game modding (short for “modification”) refers to the process of alteration by players or fans of one or more aspects of a video game, such as how it looks or behaves, and is a sub-discipline of general modding. Talk about creative freedom!
The tiny flaw to the coding of this game is the error messages that sometimes pop up when the players try to mod the game. The increase of Witcher 3 script compilation errors while trying to run their game with mods on Nexus Mod Manager or other Mod managing tools are a cause of concern to the game’s die-hard fans. Apart from solving the compilation errors, the gamers are left with no choice but to play the game with no mods or remove all the mods.
Fear not, as we’ve brought the magic spell with us.
Causes of the Script Compilation Errors
We’ve knocked together a list of the possible causes for the Witcher 3 script Compilation Errors.
Hack Folder Files Being Corrupted
There is a chance that the corrupt files in the hack folder are the reason you and your game. You might have installed files in the Hack folder that are corrupted. It is a common mistake and can be solved merely by getting rid of these files before starting the fixing process.
Usage of Faulty or Outdated Mods
A rookie mistake. If the mods that the user attempts to get installed are not compatible, outdated, or faulty, then there’s a chance that the error message you’re seeing is due to that. The user has to check for the mods and their level of compatibility before installing them in order to avoid confusion.
Telemetry Keyword Being Incorrect
Upon entering an incorrect telemetry keyword in the configuration, the Witcher 3 Script Compilation shows an error message. This can be avoided by reconfiguring the telemetry keyword. The user is advised to make sure that they have selected the proper keyword.
Outdated Game Patch
Update, update, update!! All applications and softwares need to be installed to their later version. This is applicable to both video games and any other technological applications being used that have the feature to be updated. If you haven’t installed the latest game patch available, the Script Compilation Errors will be seen while playing Witcher 3. In order to fix Witcher 3 Script Compilation errors, users first need to make sure that the mods versions match their game version.
How to fix Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error?
Now that we’re done looking at the causes for the Witcher Script Compilation Errors, let’s work on solving them.
Install the Unification Patch
Easy peasy! All you need to do is download the unification patch. Follow a few simple steps, and you can get to enjoy your game with no further disruptions.
Termed as one of the easiest solutions to getting your game back on track, an official patch makes GOTY and non-GOTY versions of the game identical when it comes to their files, which might solve the issue with mods.
- Download the official Unification Patch here.
- After the download is finished, extract the Archived folder by right-clicking on the Extract.
- Mark Content and Mods folder by right-clicking and selecting Copy.
- After that, open Steam, GOG, or any other platform that is being used for the game.
- Right-click on the Steam title and select Properties.
- Press Local Files and select Browse.
- Finally, press CTRL+V.
- This will let you replace the files in the relevant folders.
Check mods with Script Merger
Script Merger can provide a solution when used on already existing. But sometimes, you need manual intervention in order to get it working.
If the user does not make use of several mods, they could try deleting all the installed mods and run the Script Merger every time after installing a new mod. This could provide us with the mod causing trouble. However, this method is less effective when using a large number of mods.
- The first step is to download the Script Merger for Witcher 3.
- You can do that by clicking here.
- Let the program run its course.
- Click on the three dots. This helps in finding the correct location for the game files.
- Select Conflicts, and choose Refresh.
- The user has to select the mods of their preference and then click on Merge Selected Script.
- This would provide you with the list of mods with conflicts that can be resolved automatically and those that need manual intervention.
- Click OK.
- The user can see A, B, and C columns at the top. The Output column would be situated at the bottom.
- Mods marked yellow need to be fixed manually.
- The Merge Column Line can be found under the Output column.
- Right-click it to see the relation between the two. The text would be highlighted in yellow as well.
- Choose Select Lines from A. This should help resolve the conflict.
- Click on File and select Save to save the changes.
- Finally, close down the window, showing you the Merge Finished window; click OK.
Reinstall the Mods
A lengthy procedure, but this process is almost fool-proof.
- Open Steam, right-click on Witcher 3 and select Properties
- Click Local Files and select Browse
- The user should be able to see see the Mods folder if they have created one in this location.
- Delete the folder or its contents
- Go to Nexusmods or another trustworthy mod website and redownload the mods, ensuring they are for the latest game version.
Update Mods and the game
An effective solution. The users must make sure that the latest available version of the mods and the game are in use. The 1.31 version is suggested for its compatibility.
- Download the Day 1 Patch, 1.10 Patch, 1.22 Patch, 1.24 Patch, 1.30 Patch, and the 1.31 Patch.Post download, place them in a single folder and install them one by one in sequence.
- For installation of the patch, all you need to do is open the folder by double-clicking on the executable file that is present in it.
- Click on the “Update” button from the window that appears on the screen.
- Upon completion of the steps indexed above, your game will be updated to Patch 1.31.
Delete the Hack Folder and Update the Telemetry Keyword
An incorrect telemetry keyword input can also cause your game to act up.
- Navigate to the Tasks folder in the Witcher 3 games directory and select the Hack folder.
- Open the folder named Engine folder as you go back to the Scripts Folder.
- In the Engine Folder, create a new text document, and paste the following lines in it.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher 3\content\content0\script\engine” and name the folder as “telemetrykeywords.ws”.
- If you find another text file with the same name, replace it with the new one that you have just created.
We have provided a list of causes and solutions for your Witcher 3 game script compilation error. There exists lieu of causes that might make the mods malfunction. However, there exist several solutions that can help you deal with this problem.