Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming applications in the market. It has been offering its services since 2006 to its 345 million viewers across the world. Imagine you are in a mood to listen to a great song and open Spotify to find “Spotify can’t play this right now.” This would be the most annoying thing at that moment. The love for music may get hampered by this issue. Not only why does Spotify keep pausing on my iPhone, users ask many other similar queries while using the Spotify applications like:
- Why does my Spotify keep pausing on my iPhone
- Why does Spotify keep crashing
- Why does Spotify keep stopping
- Spotify search is not working
- Spotify can’t play the current song etc.
All these problems arise due to the same set of problems or settings in the device—both android and iOS. If you are facing similar issues and looking for a solution, you need to check out this post until the end.
Why Does Spotify Keep Crashing? – Possible Reasons
Now that you are aware of various issues and queries regarding why the Spotify application is not responding. Let’s now look into the probable reasons behind the issue of Why does my Spotify keep pausing on my iPhone:
- The device might have been overloaded with cache (the temporary data), which is the cause of the issue for Spotify search not working.
- The data saver mode of the device may be turned on. When the data saver mode is turned on, background apps are disabled. Thus the Spotify application may also be disabled.
- You can resolve this by turning off the data saver mode from the drop-down menu.
- Today, people often put their devices in battery saver mode to give more battery time (backup), leading to ‘why does my Spotify keep pausing’ issues.
- You can resolve this by turning off the Battery saver mode from the drop-down menu or from the settings.
- Network issues may be the cause of this. Turn on airplane mode and turn it off to see if the network gets good.
- You may face problems in the account or the applications. This can be resolved by logging out and logging in to all devices. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the application on your device.
5 Ways to Solve Your Issue “Why Does Spotify Keep Pausing On My iPhone?”
‘Spotify can’t play this right now’ issue may be caused due to overload of cache for the application in your iPhone. Here is what you can do to clear the cache:
- Step 1: Open the Spotify application on your device. ON the top right, you will see a settings icon. Click on it.
- Step 2: In the list of settings that appear, choose ‘Storage’
- Step 3: Now select on the button ‘Delete Cache’ that appears on the screen
- Step 4: To confirm to clear the cache-press on the ‘Delete cache’ button that pops up.
Now your Spotify cache is successfully cleared. Check if your problem is resolved.
To resolve the issue “Spotify can’t play this right now,” you may need to log out of all the devices and sign in later. Here is how you can sign out from all the devices:
- Open your web browser and log in to your Spotify account from the login page.
- Now, tap on the ‘Menu’ icon. In the list that appears, click on ‘Account.’ Now, you will see the account screen is displayed.
- Now, in the account, click on the ‘Account Overview.’ You will see a new menu displayed on the right side of your screen.
- In the list that appeared, scroll down to see the option “Sign out Everywhere.” Tap on it and click on continue to sign out of all the devices.
After some time, log in to your device again and see if your problem ‘why does Spotify keep stopping’ is resolved.
Disabling data saver mode
When the energy saver mode is enabled, you can see the device comprising in performance and thus lead to your issue: why does my Spotify keep pausing. Follow the steps below to disable the data saver mode:
- Find and open the Settings Applications on your iPhone.
- IN the list of settings that appears, tap on the Cellular (or mobile data) option.
- IN the list of cellular options that appears, locate and click on “Low Data Mode.”
- Now, you can toggle off the Data Saver mode option.
Now, See if your issue of why does Spotify keeps crashing is resolved and working properly.
Disabling Low Power Mode
When the lower power mode is turned off, background applications like that of music get hampered. You can follow the steps below to turn off the Low power mode:
- Click on the Settings on your app menu.
- In the list of settings that appears, look for Control Center and click on it.
- Now, You will see a toggle switch beside the Lower Power mode option. Turn it off by pressing on it.
Check if the issue the Spotify application is not responding to is resolved.
Switching off High-quality streaming
Sometimes streaming at high quality may lead to Spotify application not working issue. You can switch the high-quality streaming to resolve this. This is how you can switch off the high-quality streaming in your iPhone:
- Launch the Settings application on your iPhone
- Select the Music settings in the list that appears
- Now, select the Cellular Data option in the list of Music settings.
- You will see a high-Quality streaming toggle turned on, tap on it to turn it off.
See if your issue of Spotify application not working is resolved and working properly.
That’s it! Now, you know how to resolve your issue— why does my Spotify keep pausing iPhone. Now, you know the probable reason for this issue, and five solutions that can resolve the problems— Spotify can’t play the current song, Spotify search not working, and many other similar issues.