Facebook is one of the most trending social media platforms in recent days. It is merely impossible to imagine your day without Facebook. You might be having lots of friends on Facebook. But in your friend list, there are some of those whom you might not want to keep in your friend list. Again, you are not willing to block them as well. So, is there an option in between? Yes, you can take a break from them.
But, what does take a break mean on Facebook in a true sense? We are going to provide you with the complete guide about it in this article.
What will happen if you take a break on Facebook
When you use the take a break feature on Facebook, it will remove the person from your sight as much as they can. This is the substitute for blocking or removing someone from the friend list since that is genuinely harsher than you would want to be.
So let’s see what does take a break means on Facebook. It is mentioned in the following ways:
What is the meaning of taking a break on facebook?
- You will get to see much less of that person in your news feed. You can still see what they post if you open their account manually, which is one step further from blocking a person and one step closer to unfollowing them.
- Even if a mutual friend has tagged the person, you won’t have to see the post. If you want to tag them, you will have to search their names manually; it won’t even come up in the pop-up list for tagging people
- If you are going to the same event, then Facebook won’t be giving you the notification.
- The feature also shows less of you to the person. You can add the person to the restricted list, which means they will no longer see your posts or stories. Even if they visit your profile, they won’t be able to see it. They will be able to only if the post is public or they are tagged. When you take a break from a person, Facebook immediately adds the person to this restricted list.
- Now, with this feature, Facebook will alter the privacy settings of your past posts too. If you have ever tagged the person, they won’t be able to see those too.
- If you had posted anything on each other’s timeline before you used the feature, it will be deleted and won’t come back even after you have started following them again.
- We now come to the things that won’t change with this take a break feature. The messages in messenger won’t be tampered with; however, you won’t see their name as a shortcut. You can see others’ timelines. You will be able to see their comments and be able to even reply to them.
Does someone know if you take a break on Facebook?
Does someone know if you take a break on Facebook? Well, there will be no notifications sent to the person if you take a break from them. Even your friends won’t know that you have used the feature.
However, when Facebook puts them in the restricted list and sees no posts from you and doesn’t get to see your stories, they will be a little suspicious. There is no sure way of knowing whether you have been put under the take a break feature by someone, but beware, they can easily confirm it from a mutual friend with a bit of digging. I hope now you are clear with what does take a break mean on facebook.
How long does take a break on Facebook last?
The Facebook takes a break feature has no time limit. You manually control it. It will last until you follow that person again, remove them from Facebook, and automatically put them in the restricted list.
How to take a break from someone
Follow the steps below to know how to take a break from a specific person on Facebook:
- Open the profile of the person you want to take a break from.
- Click on the friend’s icon.
- Now a list will appear. Select “Take a break” from there.
- Once you have launched the take a break feature, you will be shown three sections.
- Customize the sections as per your preferences.
- Click on the “See options.”
- In the first option, you will have to limit where you want to see the person. After choosing, click “Save.”
- In the second option, you have to limit the posts you want to show the person and click “Save.”
- Finally, there is an option to limit your previous posts.
What is the difference between unfollow and take a break on Facebook
As we have mentioned earlier, take a break is a feature that allows you to customize the settings. It allows you to both not see their updates and not let them see yours. When you go for the former, Facebook will automatically unfollow them.
Basically, what is the difference between unfollow and take a break on Facebook? The unfollow feature will hide their posts from you and do nothing about the visibility of your posts. “Take a break” will have control over both.
We all need a break sometimes. Be it because their posts are too cringy, but you have just got to be civil, or be it that your crush has someone on their arms, this “take a break” feature is a blessing to us all, especially when we have the option to revoke it as well. So now that you know everything about it, don’t hesitate to give yourself a break.
Now, if you take a break from someone, there may be some problems after that, like not finding them. The reason may be that realizing that you took a break from them, they might have thrown that back right at you or even unfriended or blocked you. I hope you you are aware about what does take a break means on Facebook.
Meet me. I am Shubhaa, the face behind Craze For Gadgets. I am a fitness enthusiast and love to experiment with new things. I am very much attracted to gadgets and love to explore everything about anything launched new. Being a Science Graduate, I am always fascinated by new things. And my this craze for exploring new gadgets led me to launch this site.