TikTok is a popular and widely used social media platform constantly changing. It enables users to create videos, participate in various challenges, connect with other creators, and other features. TikTok users can like, comment, and share content like other social apps and pin videos, comments, and stickers. So, what does pinned mean on TikTok video, and how do you do it?
Explaining The Meaning Of “Pinned” On Tiktok
TikTok’s concept of “pinning” refers to pinning comments, videos, and stickers. TikTok users can now pin comments in their comments sections, just like on Instagram and YouTube.
It can serve various functions, such as displaying a creator’s favorite comment, emphasizing important information, and discouraging negative comments, indicating that it can establish the tone for the comments section.
It can also motivate users to share their opinions, increasing overall engagement on the platform.
What does pinned mean on TikTok video?
Pinning any video to your TikTok profile is a simple process that can help you prioritize content your viewers will see when they click on your username.
While TikTok used to be a supplementary social media platform for many, where they could occasionally scroll through short videos, it is increasingly becoming the primary platform for many viewers and creators.
As a result of the platform’s bizarrely accurate algorithm, which can keep people on their phones for hours, many influencers and creators are looking to ensure their profile page is perfectly set up to allow for the best engagement.
TikTok has been experimenting with a feature that allows creators to ‘pin’ up to three selected videos at the top of their profile for a few months now, which has proven to be a great option for creators who want to draw attention to specific content, such as explainers or FAQs.
How to Pin a video in TikTok?
As useful as this feature is, it does not appear to be available to all users. It’s ambiguous who will be given access to the option first, so if you can’t currently follow the steps below, you may have to wait until TikTok rolls the feature out to the entire platform.
The Steps to pin a video are:
- Launch TikTok on your phone.
- Go to your profile and scroll through the videos to find the one you want to pin.
- To access the menu, tap the three dots on the right-hand side.
- Click the ‘Pin’ switch to pin the video to the top of your profile.
You can pin up to three videos; what you put at the top of your profile is entirely up to you. This element is already proving to be very useful for creators who want to improve the look of their profile page.
How to Pin a comment on TikTok?
A comment section with a pinned comment will always appear at the top of the comment section or in the comment summary visible from the feed. A pinned comment will typically have the word “pinned” above or next to the author’s text. It might also have a push-pin icon to show that the comment is pinned.
Only creators can pin and unpin comments on their posts. When they do, the author receives a notification that the creator pinned their comment; an unpinned comment does not receive a notification.
Pin the comments using the following steps:
- Locate the comment you want to save. You can accomplish this by going to the Me icon in the bottom tab of your account and scrolling through the comments by tapping on the three-dotted bubble. Alternatively, you can view your notifications and open the comment section on that post by tapping Inbox.
- If you long-press on the comment, a pop-up will appear.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Pin comment.
- A grey box with the word “Pinned” will appear on the left of the comment. The comment may take some time to rise to the top of this section.
How to Pin a sticker in TikTok?
TikTok is making video creation even more user-friendly. While TikTok creators have always allowed their creativity to flow, a brand new feature allows them to get even more out of the app. TikTok allows you to pin stickers, so get ready to take your videos to the next level.
To use the TikTok pin sticker feature, go through the following steps:
- Select the camera in the TikTok app.
- Make a video. Then, to enter editing mode, tap the next arrow.
- At the bottom of the screen, click “Stickers.”
- Scroll down and choose a sticker.
- Move the sticker to the desired location, tap on it, and select “Pin.”
- Using the slider, adjust the position of your sticker.
- Select “Pin” once you’ve positioned the sticker exactly where you want it.
Concluding Thoughts on meaning of pinned on TikTok video
Pinned is a method of selecting videos to display at the top of your profile. Videos are typically listed in chronological order. This may make it easier to find an old video, but it may also mean that a great clip you’re particularly proud of has been buried far down your timeline by more recent posts. TikTok, thankfully, added the pinning feature to give users more editorial control over their profile. We hope this article will help you to clear your concept about pinned in TikTok. Enjoy Tiktok by using the pinned feature to highlight your creation that you want to reach your audience largely.