Discord is a fun platform that was initially a gaming platform, but it has slowly transitioned into being a platform to find and be within your own community. Amongst many other features, Discord also allows you to make a permanent invite link. There are several methods as to how you can do so. In this article, I will tell you How to make a permanent discord link.
Discord began as a gaming platform, but it has evolved into a general-purpose platform for other communities and groups. Created in 2015, it offers several features that allow users to engage in voice or video chat, live feeds, and much more. You can also create servers through this platform, each with its own set of members, topics, rules, and channels.
Discord permits you to form open and private groups, and one of the fundamental errands, in this case, is to welcome other clients to connect our server or channel. When we send an invitation to connect to the server, it is valid for 24 hours. At these times, you might think, Why does my discord link keep expiring?
If you need this invite link to be permanent, in this case, you would need to know how to make a permanent discord invite link, the one which won’t expire. In this article, I will tell you all about the discord invite link and how to use the discord invite code.
Why Does My Discord Link Keep Expiring?
Discord is a super fun platform where you can connect with people who have similar interests and tastes. However, if you invite people to join your server, and your link keeps on expiring, you might think – Why does my discord link keep expiring? And How to make a permanent discord link?
Well, by default, an invite link is temporary and is set to expire in 24 hours from the creation. The server owner can, however, change the expiration date of the invite link. If you’re the server owner, you can change the expiration date of a Discord server’s invite link. These options are designed to prevent unauthorized usage of the connection. You can set the invite link to “Never,” “1 day,” “12 hours,” “6 hours,” “1 hour,” or “30 minutes” under “Expire After.” If the Discord link for a server has expired, you’ll need to contact the server owner to get a new link.
To do so –
- You have to go to your server’s settings and click the invite option.
- If you’re on a desktop, click “Edit invite link,”
- If you’re on the Discord app, press the Settings icon after you’ve picked the invite button.
Finally, you would be able to change the invitation link’s expiration date to anything you desire.
The server owner can also delete any previously created invite links so that users cannot join from that link anymore. This is the reason why a discord link keeps expiring. Now that you know about the link’s expiry, you must be inquisitive to know how to make a permanent discord link.
How To Make A Permanent Discord Link?
Since a discord link keeps on expiring, as per the option you have selected, you must know how to make a permanent discord invite link; this is the one that does not expire and is permanent.
- Log in to your server, right-click on the created channel, and select “Invite people” from the menu.
- This will open a pop-up window with the Discord-created link, where you will have to click on “Edit Invite Link,” Open the EXPIRE AFTER dropdown and choose Never.
- After that, click on the “Generate a New Link” button.
- After selecting the link with “Copy,” we paste it into a browser.
This method is perfect if you wish to know How to make a permanent discord link that does not expire.
How To Join A Discord Server On A Computer
If you are logged into Discord via the browser or on the official Discord Application, then choose the search icon in the left sidebar and select a server or search for one using a name or phrase to join a server that doesn’t require an invite link.
- Open Discord and log into your account.
- Click the plus icon in the left sidebar.
- Select “Add a Server.”
- Select “Join a server.”
- Click “Join a server.”
- Paste in the invite link and click “Join.”
Doing so will immediately join you in that server, and you will start seeing the channels you have access to. Some servers also have added two-factor authentication methods to avoid bots and spam, which will pop up after joining. If you still don’t have any access or feel something is wrong, you can always contact the server owner.
How To Copy A Discord Server Link On Mobile
There might be times when you would want to join a server from your mobile but have to copy the link from the computer. At such times, it becomes imperative to know How to use discord invite code and How to copy a discord server link on mobile.
Doing so is easy; just follow the steps mentioned below –
- Open Discord App.
- The software has a white game controller and a blue icon. If it’s not on your home screen, look in the app drawer.
- Tap three dashes to see the menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on + in the left column. This opens the server’s window.
- Enter an invite URL or code.
- Enter the URL or invite code for the server. If you don’t have an invite URL or code for a particular server, then you would have to look it up.
- Join by pressing the Join button. The green button at the bottom of the screen is what you’re looking for. You’ll notice the server’s icon in the list of servers on the left side of Discord now that you’ve joined it.
With these steps, you will also join the particular Discord server. One thing to note here is that, if you’ve already joined a server via computer, there’s no need to join that server on mobile when you’re using the app again, Discord is synced on all devices, and all the servers are synced across all the devices you log in to.
Admins who wish to maintain their server should know how to establish Discord invite links and manage invite permissions. Controlling who can enter and exit a channel or server is a useful regulating tool. Discord links have an expiration date, which the vast majority of Discord server owners are unaware of. So it’s crucial to have accurate knowledge and know how to make a permanent discord link. Follow the steps mentioned above to create a permanent link, which will never expire and can be sent to as many people as you want to.