iTunes can be used in all OS, including windows. However, small glitches are common. Some users face a “itunes is waiting for windows update to install the driver for this iphone” message in their iTunes are bewildered about what needs to be done. If you are one of those looking for working fixes, check out the eight working fixes for better comprehension.
- 1 iTunes is waiting for a windows update to install the driver for this iPhone- Probable Reasons
- 2 iTunes is waiting for a windows update to install the driver for this iPhone- Working Fixes
iTunes is waiting for a windows update to install the driver for this iPhone- Probable Reasons
As depicted in previous lines, if you are getting a message like this, you cannot connect your iPhone to the system. This error may occur in systems due to a number of reasons. Nonetheless, a fix can work for the issue no matter what leads to this message. Here are some popular reasons behind “itunes is waiting for windows update to install the driver for this iphone“:
- Your Windows versions may be older and need to be upgraded
- Relevant Drivers may not be present in your system, or the existent drivers have some glitches
- The iTunes app you are using may be outdated or needs an update.
- The connecting cable from your laptop to the iPhone may be damaged.
iTunes is waiting for a windows update to install the driver for this iPhone- Working Fixes
If you are looking for the fixes for the above error message, the first area you may need to check out is the connecting cable you are using. A faulty cable may not establish a righteous link between the devices, leading to such error messages. Further, you can check out one of the following fixes to resolve the issue:
FIX 1: Update Windows
When the windows you’re using are out of date, a relevant update regarding iTunes may miss out, thereby leading to the “iTunes is waiting for windows update to install the driver for this iphone” message. Consequently, updating windows can be a solution. Here is how you can update your windows:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Start menu.
- Step 2: Search for Settings and click on it.
- Step 3: Once the settings screen is opened, find and click on Update & Security.
- Step 4: In the new screen that appears, you can see a button: Check for updates, click on it.
- Step 5: See if there is any update. If yes, update the system accordingly.
Now, your PC is updated successfully. Now, check if the error message has disappeared.
FIX 2: Update iTunes
Not only with windows, but the lack of updates in iTunes may also lead to the given error message. You can update iTunes if there are any updates to see if the issue is resolved. Here is what you can do:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Start menu.
- Step 2: Search for Apple Software Update in the search bar and choose the relevant option.
- Step 3: Clicking on this will launch a new window on your screen, and the search for iTunes update will start automatically.
- Step 4: Once the scanning is completed, you can see a list of updates that are available. Choose an option and click on install.
This will start the downloading and installing of the updates. Now check if the issue is resolved.
FIX 3: Reinstall iTunes App
If you have opted for the above-stated fixes and are yet not resolved, then you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the iTunes app. This process is simple, and here is what you can do:
- Step 1: Go to the Start menu and go to iTunes.
- Step 2: Now, right-click on it and choose to uninstall. Wait for it to get uninstalled.
- Step 3: Now, navigate to the start menu and go to the app store.
- Step 4: On the top corner of your screen, find the search bar and type iTunes in it.
- Step 5: Choose the iTunes in the list to go to iTunes Dashboard.
- Step 6: Now, click on install and sit back for it to download and install.
Now, check if the issue is resolved.
FIX 4: Try Updating The Drivers
If the drivers of the iPhone are not working well, you may get a “itunes is waiting for windows update to install the driver for this iphone” issue. Thereby, checking and updating the same can fix this issue. You can handle multiple updates with third-party updater softwares. Here is how you can update drivers all at a stretch using Bit Driver Updater:
- Step 1: Download and install the Bit Driver updater in your system
- Step 2: Once the software is installed, click on it to open.
- Step 3: The app opens and automatically starts to scan for drivers that need updates.
- Step 4: You can see a list of drivers that need updating on your PC; you may either choose an iPhone driver or all to update.
Sit back and wait for the drivers to update. Check if the “itunes is waiting for windows update to install the driver for this iphone” issue is rectified.
FIX 5: Reinstall Drivers
If you feel that updating the driver has not given any solution, you may consider reinstalling the iTunes drivers. Here is how you can reinstall the driver for iTunes Microsoft Store App:
- Step 1: Navigate to the start menu and search for device manager.
- Step 2: Choose the relevant option to enter the Device Manager window.
- Step 3: In the device manager window, find and double click on Portable Devices.
- Step 4: Right-click on the Apple iPhone option to access a popup list of options. Choose Uninstall Device.
- Step 5: A new dialogue box appears to confirm your selection. Choose Uninstall to start uninstalling.
- Step 6: Disconnect the iPhone from the computer and restart the PC.
Restart the computer and see if the “itunes is waiting for windows update to install the driver for this iphone” issue is resolved.
FIX 6: Refresh Apple Service app
Apple Mobile Device service is the software that manages the Apple devices in the system. An error in this software may also lead to the error message. Therefore, it is an admirable choice to restart this. Here is how you can do it:
- Step 1: Go to the start menu and search For Services.
- Step 2: Click on the relevant option to open the services window.
- Step 3: Scroll and find out the “Apple Mobile Device Service” and right-click on it.
- Step 4: In the list of popup options, choose Restart.
Wait for a while for the Apple Mobile Device service to restart and check if the issue is resolved.
FIX 7: Try Removing Conflicting apps
Some apps in the system may conflict with your iTunes app, thus leading to a “itunes is waiting for windows update to install the driver for this iPhone” issue. Check out the app list and uninstall those apps that you don’t need. If you need the conflicting apps, you may temporarily disable them.
Sometimes, Antivirus in the system also conflicts with the iTunes app. To mitigate this, try disabling the Antivirus to see if the error is resolved.
FIX 8: System Restore the Windows
If you felt that previously the app worked well and now it’s now working, you may choose to restore the system. System restore is an option that takes the windows back to that version which you want them to be.
To achieve this, certain apps and docs may be deleted. Suitably, you may need to have a backup of crucial files. This is the reason one should keep system restore as the last fix if any of the above fixes don’t work. Here is how you can restore the windows:
- Step 1: Press WINDOWS + Q; in the search bar, type Restore.
- Step 2: You can see the option Create a Restore Point; choose it.
- Step 3: Clicking on it, you can see a new window is opened, find and click on System Restore.
- Step 4: A new window appears, and click on Next in it.
- Step 5: You can see an automatic ideal restore point on your screen. Choose Next at the bottom.
- Step 6: Confirm the restore point and choose Finish.
You have successfully restored the system. See if the issue is resolved.
That’s it! You now know how to fix the “itunes is waiting for windows update to install the driver for this iphone” issue. Since these are often caused to update issues, ensuring proper update of the operating system, iTunes, and relevant drivers can bring you out of this error message. Try the above fixes to see which of these can work for you.