With a large amount of content available, YouTube has been popular for more than a decade now. Various tips and tricks have been making it handier in recent years. One of these is the autoplay feature. While the feature is like a boon for some users, some feel annoyed with the same. In this accord, some users came up with queries like how to turn off an autoplay in YouTube playlist. If you are looking for the answer for the same, you are at the right place.
In this post, we will look into what a YouTube Autoplay option is and how it can be turned off on various devices almost instantaneously.
- 1 What Is The Youtube Autoplay Option?
- 2 How to Turn Off Autoplay on YouTube – Across Devices
- 3 What Are the Pros and Cons of Leaving Autoplay Activated?
- 4 Should You Let YouTube Choose for You?
- 5 How to turn off Autoplay on a YouTube Playlist?
- 6 Can You Turn Off An Autoplay Youtube Playlist For Selected Videos?
What Is The Youtube Autoplay Option?
IN the previous days, once a video had completed streaming, the player was left idle if the user had not taken any action. YouTube has noticed it and brought out a handy feature known as Autoplay. By these features, it made the decision of the next video easier. When the autoplay feature is turned on, related videos automatically get played after the current video is streamed. This makes the YouTube experience better for the users.
This feature can be annoying for some who don’t want other videos to play automatically without their concern. In these cases, they may need to turn off an autoplay in YouTube playlist. We will look into how it is done in the coming lines.
How to Turn Off Autoplay on YouTube – Across Devices
The YouTube Autoplay feature was familiarized to users in 2015 and is now available on all YouTube-compatible devices. This includes computers running Windows, Mac, and Chrome. When you click on a video, YouTube will play a similar video after the first one finishes.
For example, if you’re watching a music video, the Autoplay feature will play a song by the same artist. It can be a convenient option if you don’t want to search for a fresh song to play on your device every time a video ends. However, it can be aggravating if YouTube makes a decision that you believe is incorrect.
So, let’s look at how to disable YouTube Autoplay on your computer using any of the available browsers:
- Open YouTube in any browser and select a video.
- When the video begins to play, move the cursor over it.
- In the right corner of the video screen, you’ll see a “Play” icon that can be toggled left or right.
- When you hover your cursor over it, a small pop-up will appear stating, “Autoplay is enabled.”
- Toggle the switch, and the “off” button will appear, indicating that “Autoplay is disabled.”
Remember that YouTube recently upgraded this feature and that there used to be an Autoplay toggle switch outside of the video, at the upper right side of the screen. Don’t worry if you’re used to seeing it there; the function is still available. It has only recently been relocated.
The Autoplay feature is functional on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Whether you own an Android or an iPhone, the process for turning off Autoplay is the same:
- Start your device’s YouTube app.
- You can watch any video you want.
- Tap on the video to reveal the Autoplay toggle switch in the upper right corner.
- When you tap the toggle switch, it will automatically change from “On” to “Off.”
- That’s the end of it. YouTube videos will no longer play automatically on your mobile device.
How to Turn Off Autoplay on YouTube TV
If you own a YouTube TV subscription, you can disable the Autoplay feature if you don’t need it. This is how you do it:
- Access your YouTube TV account.
- On the right side of the screen, click on your profile picture.
- Select “Settings.”
- Toggle the “Autoplay on start” option on or off as you see fit.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Leaving Autoplay Activated?
Remember, whether you leave the Autoplay feature on or off, this setting will be applied every time you use the platform, regardless of the device. There may be times when having Autoplay enabled is extremely beneficial. For example, listening to podcast episodes in order. Allowing YouTube to choose the next video may not always seem good. It will ultimately be up to the user and their personal preferences.
YouTube enables Autoplay by default because the company desires users to spend as much time as possible on the platform. This translates to more subscriptions, more advertisements, and, ultimately, more revenue for the company. YouTube has a lot of content. There’s something there for everyone, and Autoplay might work perfectly for you. But if you want it off, you now know how.
How to turn off Autoplay on a YouTube Playlist?
Introduced in 2015, the autoplay feature is handy for some, while the pain for some to others. While these features can be availed in all devices like Windows, Mac, and Chromebook, enabling and disabling the feature can be possible in all these devices.
YouTube stop autoplay- On Computer
Since the autoplay option is annoying for some on computers, let us check out how to turn off Autoplay on a YouTube playlist on a computer via the following steps:
- Step 1: Open your favourite browser on your PC and navigate to the YouTube homepage.
- Step 2: Take the mouse on a video that you may want to play; the video plays in the thumbnail when you keep the cursor on it. Click on it to open the video.
- Step 3: Once the video player is loaded on the new screen, you may find some options on the bottom-right side of the player; the first one among them is the Autoplay toggle.
- Step 4: You can ensure if the Autoplay is on by hovering the cursor over the icon to see a message “Autoplay is on”
- Step 5: Toggle the switch off to turn off the autoplay option.
Now you have successfully turned off the autoplay option on your PC.
Turn Off Autoplay- On Mobile Phone
Are you facing issues with the autoplay option on your mobile phone? You can check out the following steps to know what needs to be done:
- Step 1: Navigate to the YouTube app and launch it on your mobile phone.
- Step 2: Search and play any preferable video in the YouTube app
- Step 3: In the video player, you can see a set of options on the top-right side. The first one is the autoplay toggle switch. Tap on the option to toggle off the button, thus turning off the autoplay option.
Now you have successfully turned off the autoplay option on your mobile phone. Note that the interface of the YouTube app is the same in both iOS and Android; thus, you can follow the above steps on any mobile phone.
YouTube stop autoplay- On Youtube Music
Being a music streaming service, YouTube Music also has playlists in it. Since it creates a queue automatically to play one after another, it is almost not possible to disable this feature; however, you can put the current song in the loop to avoid their songs to play after.
Can You Turn Off An Autoplay Youtube Playlist For Selected Videos?
The autoplay feature in YouTube is a setting related to the player and not to certain videos. Thus, it is not possible to enable or disable the autoplay option for certain videos or playlists. However, you can toggle on/off autoplay options whenever you play these every time.
Since playlists in YouTube are nothing but a group of content played together, the process behind turning off the Autoplay is the same for both single videos and playlists. Interestingly, some queries rise for YouTube music too. We have given relevant steps to make your comprehension clear. Now that you know about how to turn off an autoplay YouTube playlist, gear on to your YouTube and listen to content without autoplay issue effortlessly.