Discord is one of the popular sites that make users interact with other peers, especially gamers, to share their views. One of the unique features that separate it from other social media sites is its options to create a channel. Any user can create a channel almost any time they need and invite members to join the same. Now many know that there is a special type of Channel known as the Announcement channel.
An Announcement channel is a special category of a discord channel that comes with a follow button. These channels let any member join without verifying their personal details like email ids. Since these can improve the reach of a person, users may sometimes get enticed to create one such Channel. Consequently, they ask questions like how to make an announcement channel on discord. If you are one of those who are looking for the answer to the same, look no further. In this post, we will check out how an announcement channel can be created with illustrations for better comprehension.
- 1 How to make an announcement channel on discord- Steps to Follow?
- 2 How To Convert An Existing Channel Into An Announcement Channel?
- 3 Why Can’t You Make An Announcement Channel?
- 4 Can You Convert An Announcement Channel Back To A Normal Channel In Discord?
How to make an announcement channel on discord- Steps to Follow?
Creating an announcement channel is almost identical to creating any other channel on discord. Check out the following steps to comprehend clearly how is this done:
- Step 1: Open your favourite browser on your computer and navigate to the Discord Site.
- Step 2: Enter the login details to enter your dashboard.
- Step 3: Click on the community that you want to edit.
- Step 4: Now, check out the channel bar and click on the ‘+’ button.
- Step 5: From the list of channel options, choose the Announcement channel.
- Step 6: Change the name of the Channel and click on Create channel.
You can see that a new channel has been created; now, you can post anything you desire on this announcement channel.
How To Convert An Existing Channel Into An Announcement Channel?
We have observed how to make an announcement channel on discord in the previous lines; However, in some cases, users need to convert the existing Channel into an announcement channel. While this is possible, you may need to check out the following steps to see how is it done:
- Step 1: Open your favourite browser on your computer and navigate to the Discord site in it.
- Step 2: Enter your login credentials to enter your dashboard.
- Step 3: On the left side of the panel, navigate to the server that you want to convert and click on it.
- Step 4: In the channel list, go to the Channel that you want to change and click on the Settings icon (gear icon) beside it.
- Step 5: In the new settings page that opens, look for Toggle Switch beside the Announcement Channel option and turn it on.
Boom! You have successfully converted an ordinary channel to an announcement channel.
Why Can’t You Make An Announcement Channel?
While you can create any number of ordinary channels effortlessly almost any time you want, it is not always possible to start an announcement channel. This is because announcement channels are not the same as ordinary channels. To ensure that your account supports the announcement channel, you may need to make some changes in your preferences and settings. Let‘s check the same in the following lines:
Step 1: Check for the verification Level Settings
You must have a verified email address of the users to send updates to server members. In an announcement channel, this is not obligatory; thus, you may set the verification level to none to ensure the same. You can change this from the settings.
Step 2: Remove the Content Filter
Since the announcement channel needs the members to know every sort of update, it is obligated to remove filters, if any, on your Channel; you can do the same by choosing Don’t scan any media content option under the Explicit Media Content Filter.
Step 3: Ensure the Channel has strict rules
Ensure the Channel has strict rules and guidelines and share them clearly through posts. Further, comply with Discord’s Community guidelines too.
Can You Convert An Announcement Channel Back To A Normal Channel In Discord?
The main difference between an ordinary channel and an announcement channel is the level of filters and verifications. Since the ordinary Channel can come with strict filters, it can be any time converted to announcement channels. While the opposite may also be possible, you would have to understand the converted Channel still stays as an unfiltered channel.
If you want to convert a strict channel to an announcement, it is always preferable to clone it before converting—this way; the old version is retrieved parallelly with the announcement channel.
Here you are, which means you now know how to make an announcement channel on discord. While you may need to fulfil some obligatory requirements to do this, it is easy to ensure these settings. Note that these settings made would be implemented to other chats too, which may lead you to lose grip over your content and members.