If you are looking for how to make a public profile on Snapchat on Android, you are at the right place. In this post, we will address the same in detail with pictures.
Right from its inception in 2011, Snapchat has been upgrading itself to offer better service to all its users. One of the crucial reasons why it is one of the most loved apps is that it ensures privacy to all its users. As a part of it, users can either operate their accounts in public or private mode. Some users who are new or occasional visitors may find it tricky to access all the features of Snapchat. For that reason, some came up with questions like how to make a public profile on Snapchat on Android. We here will indeed look into the same; some valuable insights and frequently asked questions follow to make you comprehend the notions of Snapchat finer.
- What is a Public Profile in Snapchat?
- How does a Public Profile and Private Profile Differ?
- How to make a public profile on Snapchat?
- How is Going Public Different From Public Profile?
- Some Frequently Asked Questions related to public profile on Snapchat
What is a Public Profile in Snapchat?
Every user in Snapchat has a chance to keep their account and profile public. By ensuring this, the user allows all the other users to access the content in the account even without following. This means anyone can search for your profile visit and access your content. Consequently, others can also save posts if needed. While anyone can make their profile public, celebrities and influences often ensure their account is public to get more reach among the masses.
How does a Public Profile and Private Profile Differ?
In layman’s terms, Snapchat offers all of its users to set their profile to either public or private. While we have comprehended what public profile implies, being private can be understood as something just contrasting to being public. Being private implies that users other than followers cannot access their content. This ensures better security and privacy to the users if they need it. Even if an account is private, selected posts can be made public if the users want.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat?
When you are creating an account in Snapchat, your account is often created in public mode. However, if you are looking to convert your account to public, this implies that your account is presently private. If you are looking for how to make a public profile on Snapchat, The process is simple and effortless. We will look into how this is done in Android and other devices in the following lines.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat on Android?
If you are using an android device and are looking for how to make a public profile on Snapchat on Android. The procedure is easy. However, you may note that there are two ways you can go public by turning an account public or by making a public profile. Let’s explore both these methods:
How to Go Public with your Snapchat account?
By going public on Snapchat, you can access all the public account features in your account. Here’s we elucidated the steps in detail with pictures for your comprehension:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Snapchat app on your device and tap on it to open.
- Step 2: Go to your profile on the top-left side of your screen.
- Step 3: Once the dashboard is opened, navigate to the setting icon on the top-right side of the screen and tap on it.
- Step 4: Go to the Who Can… section by scrolling down the settings.
- Step 5: Ensure that every setting is changed for everyone
Restart the app to relish your public profile.
How to create a Public Profile on Snapchat?
If you don’t want to make your profile public, you can make a public profile. Here we show you the process in detail to make you further easier to do:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Snapchat app on your phone tap on it to open.
- Step 2: log in to the app. If not logged in.
- Step 3: Once the homepage camera is opened, navigate to your profile by tapping on your DP on the left-top side of the screen.
- Step 4: Once the dashboard is opened, scroll down to find Public Profiles, and tap on Create Public Profile.
- Step 5: Tap on Continue at the new screen.
- Step 6: Tap on Get Started to start the process.
- Step 7: Tap on Create.
- Step 8: Now, get back to your dashboard, and you can now see a new public profile.
- Step 9: You can make changes if needed by tapping on Edit Profile later.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat on iOS?
The app and interface are almost identical in both iOS devices and Android. For that reason, if you ask how to make a public profile on Snapchat on iOS devices, the procedure is almost the same as that of Android. Check out the above lines if you are using an iOS device. Further, it is the choice of the user to choose one among the above-mentioned ways to make access to a public profile.
How is Going Public Different From Public Profile?
While going public and making a public profile seems to be similar in operation. However, both of them are distinct in their own ways. Firstly, Going public implies that you have transformed your present private account to the public by changing the privacy settings and preferences. This means the current profile you are operating from has turned public entirely. Therefore, it implies that whenever you post a picture or a story on Snapchat from now on, all of these would be public by default.
On the other hand, creating a Public profile can give out an additional set of advantages to you. By creating a public profile, you are actually creating a new wind to your account. By doing this, you can keep your account’s privacy settings intact by isolating the preference settings of the created public profile. In a nutshell, you can create a public post while posting in this wing, at the same time can post private posts in your account, facilitating flexibility.
What is a Snapcode in Snapchat?
Snapcode is a unique code that Snapchat offers to each user. This code is scannable, which takes anyone to the account to view or follow. Being one of the ways to increase the reach, it also ensures to create a brand value with a logo on Snapchat. It is a great way to share profiles on other social media sites as well.
What is a Snapchat Business Profile?
The business profile is a public profile and face of a business on Snapchat. Right from promotions and branding to managing ads and customer queries, a business can maintain its stance using a business profile. Further, the campaigning can start from as low as $5 per day.
Can you troubleshoot your account to make your Snapchat profile smoother?
Any Snapchat user can check for errors by troubleshooting their account for smoother operation. Here is the process that Snapchat support suggests to its users if they have issues in operating Snapchat account :
- Start with checking your username and Password
- Ensure That you have an active internet connection.
- Check if there are any unauthorized apps and plugins, and remove them from the device.
- If the user needs to access an account from another country, they often use VPN apps. However, these should be avoided.
- Check if the account is deleted accidentally. In that case, reactivate as soon as possible.
Can you see your Profile history on Snapchat?
Sometimes, a user can feel the need to check the history to recall memories and crucial moments in the past. Snapchat, fortunately, allows users to check out their history in detail. Here is how you can check your history:
- Step 1: Open the app and tap on the profile picture on the left-top side of the screen
- Step 2: In your dashboard, tap on setting at the top-right side of the screen
- Step 3: Scroll down the list of settings, find and choose My Data
- Step 4: Find the Submit Request button and tap on it
- Step 5: The request is confirmed with an email
- Step 6: You will be offered a link in another mail to check your history, tap on it and get access.
That’s It! Now you know how to make a public profile on Snapchat on Android and also on other devices like iOS. The process can be tricky for new users. However, it can turn easy later. Offering to create a new wing of features to relish both private and public features at a time, Snapchat evidently stands out from other social media sites. Further, availing all these features at a time can be strenuous and bewildering. Nevertheless, a large set of features ensures flexibility and thus reliability on the application.