Bookmarks can be a handy list of entries that lets us remember crucial links to visit later in the Browser. However, these may turn annoying when the list of unwanted entries increases. Further, in some devices, a sidebar of bookmarks may also come up, consuming decent screen space. All these may make you ask queries like How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad. Here, in this post, you can go through three different fixes.
There may be multiple ways by which you can get rid of bookmarks on the iPad. You can directly delete a bookmark from the Browser or batch deletes a set of entries. If you don’t want to see a sidebar of bookmarks, you can remove that as well. Here we will look into all these methods in detail.
- 1 How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad- How to get rid of Bookmark Sidebar on iPad?
- 2 How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad- Deleting bookmarks from Browser
- 3 How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad- Batch removing bookmarks
- 4 How is Bookmark Sidebar Handy for you?
- 5 How to Use a Bookmark Sidebar for Smoother browsing?
How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad- How to get rid of Bookmark Sidebar on iPad?
If you are using a browser on your iPad and the bookmark sidebar came accidentally? Are you looking for How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad by removing this sidebar? The process is pretty simple.
This sidebar is not always a default option to appear on the screen. This sidebar can be kept or removed at choice by the user at any time. If you have a sidebar and are looking for How to get rid of bookmarks on an iPad, then check out the bookmark button on the top-left side of the screen and tap on it. You will see that the bookmark sidebar is gone.
You can bring it back by tapping on that button again.
How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad- Deleting bookmarks from Browser
The second best way to get rid of bookmarks on iPad is to go to the bookmark section and delete it separately. This, too, adds up, clearing up memory and thereby smoother operation. Here we show how it is done using the safari browser for demonstration:
- Step 1: Open your iPad, navigate to Safari and tap on it to open.
- Step 2: You can see an icon of books on the screen. This is the Bookmark option. Tap on it to open the bookmarks menu.
- Step 3: Now, in the list that appears on the new screen, choose and delete entries that you don’t need. You can also edit by tapping on the option Edit on the screen.
How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad- Batch removing bookmarks
While the above-stated steps may be befitting to manage and delete one bookmark at a time, when one needs to handle multiple entries at a time, the process may turn complicated. Therefore, for bulk entries, one may choose to batch remove bookmarks. For this, you may need external third-party apps. While there are multiple options in the market, here we demonstrate the procedure with an instance of tenorshare software.
- Step 1: Download and install the app on your PC, and then connect your iPad with it. Open the app to see a list of options.
- Step 2: Switch to the manage tab to make changes in various departments.
- Step 3: Check out the sidebar on the left and find Bookmarks.
- Step 4: You can see a list of bookmarks that you have previously saved. Choose all the picks you need to delta and then press on the delete option.
How is Bookmark Sidebar Handy for you?
If you are in a browser, you may be looking into easy suggestions to make browsing easier. For instance, if you want to visit a site that you have recently browsed, you may need to go into multiple steps to access the history on other devices. This process is simplified with the bookmark sidebar option; this can be accessed by pressing the left-topmost bookmark button on the screen to turn it on or off. This makes accessing easy not only the bookmarks but also the recent browsing history.
How to Use a Bookmark Sidebar for Smoother browsing?
The sidebar version of bookmarks turns handy in multiple areas. Firstly, as depicted in the previous lines, getting into previously visited sites is easier. Further, this sidebar lets the users remove and add newer entries as desired. This makes managing bookmarks, history, and thereby memory turn a lot easier.
We hope, by now, you have comprehended the answer to your question: How to get rid of bookmarks on iPad. If you are annoyed with the sidebar, just click on the bookmark button to get rid of them temporarily. You can also deactivate these options for browser settings.
If you want to delete a bookmark, check out the steps above to learn. Get strong with your Browser with these insights.