Those who have not attained the luxury of owning a Mac or iPhone will probably wonder why they are such a craze in the tech world. The thing is, the Mac and iPhone have all it takes to make your communication much easier. Whether you are chatting with friends or family, surfing the internet, or taking photos or videos, you are assured of the best quality.
The craze with the apple gadgets does not only lie with its sleek and stunning models but also with the many functional features that make it easier to handle complex tasks that would prove to be impossible or challenging in other gadgets. For instance, you can easily recover deleted videos from iPhone with several proven methods. Below we take a look at how to screen record on Mac and iPhone and 5 editing tips.
- 1 How To Screen Record On Mac Using The Screenshot Feature
How To Screen Record On Mac Using The Screenshot Feature
- Open the screenshot application by holding simultaneously on shift+ cmd+ 5
- Locate the control bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Look at the available options like a film, a screen recording, or take a screenshot.
- Choose the best option for your recording, whether you need a partial or whole recording. The two icons will indicate this with a little circle at the corner.
- A box will pop up if you opt for a selected portion recording. This is to allow for resizing.
- Click on the available options and select the recording preference, such as saving location, timer, and sound ‘mic’ if necessary.
- Tap anywhere on the screen if recording the whole window or the record button to initiate the process. Wait for the complete countdown if using a timer.
- To stop recording, use either; command+ shift+5, control + command + ESC simultaneously or click on the stop icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- You will see the thumbnail video at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Tip 1: Edit Screen Record On Mac Using Quick Time Player
- Using the app, select the screen record you want to edit, then choose edit> trim
- Drag the yellow handles within the trimming to the area you want the recording to begin and end
- The portion within the yellow bars is what will be retained after editing. If specific, click trim.
- You can export or save the video once done.
Tip 2: Use The iMovie Editing App
You can find this on both Mac and iPhone. You can therefore use it on either of the devices. In case your iPhone lacks one, you can always download it.
- Open the app on your iPhone and tap on the plus icon
- Choose the video you need to edit
- Select what kind of media you need to be included in your video
- Tap on create a movie
One can edit a lot with iMovie from themes, voiceovers, text, music, and adding filters.
Tip 3: Edit Screen Recording Using A Photo Application
To edit your recording, you can follow the steps below:
- Open the photo application and tap on the recording
- Tap on edit and drag arrows at the bottom to trim the beginning and the end
- Once sure of the edited version, tap on done
Tip 4: Use A Photo App To Crop Screen Recorded Clip
- Open the photo application
- Tap on recording, then edit in the upper-right corner.
- Tap the crop icon at the bottom of the menu
- Resize the box around your video to your liking using your fingers to drag the outline
- Tap done
Tip 5: Edit With The Thumbnail
- Go to the desktop site and double click
- Locate the thumbnail video, double click to open
- Once the video is open, click on edit at the top left corner of the screen and click on the ‘trim’ icon
- Using the sliders at the bottom of the page, select the start and endpoints and click on the trim
- The edited video will replace the unedited video