Don’t want to be on Grubhub any longer? Want to know how to delete a Grubhub account, and don’t know where to begin? You’ve come to the right place; don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Grubhub is an online meal ordering service that allows you to order food from your favorite restaurants in your neighborhood. Grubhub is becoming increasingly popular among other food ordering apps because it streamlines a complicated and time-consuming process by allowing you to go to a website that saves your address, payment card number, and preferences, as well as showing you every delivery location with their menu and allowing you to order without picking up the phone.
Why are you attempting to delete your Grubhub account?
There are a variety of reasons why you might want to remove your account: you may have discovered better options, it may be too pricey for you, and so on.
On the other hand, account deactivation keeps your account from being permanently deleted and allows you to reactivate it whenever you desire. Deactivation ensures that the account is not misused and that the digital imprint is minimized.
If you’ve arrived at this page, it’s fair to presume that you wish to delete your Grubhub account. There are a variety of reasons why you might want to do so, but the most popular cause among Grubhub users is email spam.
If you want to leave Grubhub because of email spamming, there is a solution: deactivate your email subscription. The option will be found at the bottom of your email. However, if that is not the case and you are certain to leave Grubhub, you should read the remainder of the post to get the answer to your question.
How can you get rid of your Grubhub account?
Grubhub does not provide a simple way for users to delete their accounts. As a result, many people are perplexed and tense about how to proceed. If you’re one of them, don’t worry; we’ll walk you through the process step by step.
There are two options if you want to delete your account. First and foremost, you can attempt erasing your information or removing the account data if you want to delete your account. Secondly, Grubhub, unlike other apps, does not have a deactivate option in the settings menu. Instead, you’ll have to make a request to have your account deleted.
You must submit a request to the Grubhub team to have your account deleted, and you may do so either by emailing them or by filling out a form. It’s important to remember that the email should only be sent from your registered account.
Cancel your subscription to make your account inactive
If you don’t want to deactivate your account right now but instead want to take a break and cancel your membership, you can do so here.
The instructions below are for PC users:
- Begin by going to Grubhub and logging in with your credentials.
- At the top of your browser window, look for a Hi along with your name choice.
- Choose Grubhub from the drop-down menu.
- Optionally, you can cancel your membership.
Users with smartphones can follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into your account after launching the app.
- You’ll find the Account option towards the bottom of your screen.
- On your screen, a selection of alternatives will emerge; now check for the Grubhub+ membership option among them.
- Select Cancel membership from the drop-down menu.
Using the Grubhub website, delete your account:
You can remove your Grubhub account by contacting the company’s customer service department through its website.
If you wish to erase your personal information or your Grubhub account and are unsure how to do so, carefully follow the steps outlined below, one by one.
- To get started, sign in to your Grubhub account using your credentials.
- Now go to the Manage Your Data section of Grubhub.
- A variety of options will appear on your screen under the Manage Your Data section.
- On the pop-up window, look for the Submit a Request option.
- A new set of options will appear on your screen, asking you to confirm your email address.
- Fill in your registered email address in the field provided and click the Verify My Mail button.
- A pop-up box will appear when you click on verify mail, asking for permission to erase your personal information.
- To delete it, go to the bottom of the window and click the Submit Request button.
- Another pop-up will show on the screen, confirming your decision to cancel your account; click delete to confirm.
- You will be led to a confirmation page once you have completed the entire process.
This procedure will allow you to delete your account quickly and easily. Grubhub, like other applications, takes a few days to permanently cancel your account. It will take roughly 45 days to erase it permanently. During the 45-day period, you can log in whenever you wish.
Delete your account with the help of email
If you are having issues removing your account via the website and are having difficulty doing so, you can send an email request. However, because customer service may take some time to react, this option may take a few days. To do so, follow the steps outlined below.
- Begin by logging into your Grubhub account with your registered email address. If you want to use another email account, do so, but be sure to include your registered id in the message you send.
- Create an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, Grubhub’s official email address.
Are you unsure where to begin with your mail? We’ve got you covered, so don’t worry. Begin by stating that you are requesting the deletion of your Grubhub account in the subject line. You should explain why you are leaving Grubhub in the body of your email. At the end of the body area, include your email address and phone number.
The Grubhub team will then contact you; this may take some time, but you should hear from them within a few days, so keep an eye on your inbox. After that, you’ll be asked to provide some confirmation of your identity, and you’ll be done.
Delete your account by using your Twitter handle
Say you want to delete anyone else who might be having trouble doing it or no longer uses it, then you only need to know their email account and the person’s name, and voila, you will be able to delete your Grubhub account via Twitter handle or also your account for that matter. Simply follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Begin by going to your Twitter account and logging in.
- By searching for it or going directly to twitter.com/grubhub, you can now find and navigate the Grubhub Twitter handle.
- On the left side, there will be a tab labeled “Tweet to Grubhub,” which you should tap.
- Now, provide your email address and username, as well as the reason for deleting your account.
- Click the send button once you’ve finished mentioning all of the details.
Try calling the customer service department
If any of the two techniques listed above does not work for you for some reason, your only option is to contact customer service. If contacting by email hasn’t worked out, you can call (877) 585-1085 to request that your account be deleted.
Don’t worry if you’re one of the numerous users who still have a lot of questions! Here, we’ll go over some of the users’ most frequently asked questions.
What steps do I need to take to reactivate my Grubhub account?
If you wish to use Grubhub, you’ll have to establish a new account because account deletion is permanent. However, if you have a Grubhub driver’s account, you can retrieve it by following the instructions on Grubhub’s website.
How long would it take for my account to be permanently deleted?
It may take up to 45 days for your account to be permanently terminated.
How can I delete my review on Grubhub?
Once a review has been published, it is not possible to remove it from the account. You will not be able to do so with Grubhub. You can, however, try contacting customer support, as only they have the authority to remove a review if it is found to be inappropriate. You can try contacting the assistant via email; this is the ideal method because it serves as proof that the process will be easier in the future. Remember to include your name and delivery time in your request.
Why was my order canceled by Grubhub?
If your order was canceled, it’s conceivable that it was handled by the restaurant rather than via Grubhub. It can happen if the item you purchased is out of stock or if the restaurant is experiencing a high number of orders at the moment. Cancellation can also be caused by technological difficulties.
This article should have resolved your problem, and you have successfully deleted your account. You can remove your account using the methods listed above. However, you will have to wait roughly 45 days for your account to be permanently erased before you can access it again.