If you have been using the PlayStation 4, there is every chance that you may be looking forward to the best options for how to connect the PS4 controller to Chromebook. In fact, it has been one of the toughest tasks because it has become a huge challenge for the gamers and game lovers out there. Let us check out the best options that can prove to be handy in this context.
- How to Connect the PS4 Controller to Your Chromebook?
- How to Connect the PS4 Controller to Your Android Smartphone?
- A few FAQs
How to Connect the PS4 Controller to Your Chromebook?
In sharp contrast to the hay days that the Windows PCs enjoyed, the current period appears to belong to Chromebooks. In fact, Chromebooks have been one of the unique options and have been something that people have been buying in bulk these days. In such a situation, it is quite pertinent and practical to find the options to understand and answer your query – Can you connect a ps4 controller to a chromebook?
Steps to Connect the PS4 Controller to Your Chromebook
Here is how you can connect PlayStation 4 to Chromebook by following the steps here below –
- Open the Settings app on your Chromebook
- Tap on the Bluetooth setting
- Your Chromebook should now begin looking for the available devices.
This is one part of the configuration on how to connect the PS4 controller to the Chromebook.
- Press and hold down the Share button on the PS4 controller that you want to connect to the Chromebook. You need to press the PlayStation logo button and the Share button simultaneously. Keep them held until the lightbar begins flashing.
- Come back to your Chromebook, select the device that is indicated as Wireless Controller.
- The two devices should now connect with one another, and you should be done.
The video below should be quite handy in letting you find out how to easily connect the PS4 controller to the Chromebook.
Once the controller has been connected and paired with your Chromebook, you are good to go begin playing. Simply launch your favorite game and start playing. Some of the games can have controller settings, and that way, you would not need to make any changes.
In the case of the games that have no controller settings available, you may need to go into the game’s settings and manually assign the buttons. The performance of the games would largely be dependent on the support provided.
How to Connect the PS4 Controller to Your Android Smartphone?
As a sidenote for the discussion on connecting the PS4 controller to a Chromebook, we thought of checking out the best options for connecting the PS4 controller to your Android smartphone.
Follow the steps here below –
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your Android phone. The exact location of the settings would be dependent on the smartphone manufacturer that you have opted for.
- On your PS4 controller, press and hold both the PlayStation logo button and the Share button simultaneously.
- On your Android device, choose the option for the Wireless Controller from among the available device.
The Concluding Thoughts
With a growing number of Chromebooks, understanding the best ways to use them has become quite important and essential. Being a new device for a crowd that has grown with Windows PCs, they would pose a steeper learning curve. We assume the tips above should be helpful in providing your access to a great degree of experience.