When you post any content on social media, it is essential to focus on who will read what you post. You would not want everyone to have a look at what you are posting. The stories you post are part of your life, and you have every right to select the people who will have access to it. That brings us to find how to let people join your custom story on Snapchat. And even more important than that, how to create your private stories.
- How to create a private story on Snapchat?
- How to let anyone join your Private Story on Snapchat?
- How do I leave a private story?
- A few FAQs
How to create a private story on Snapchat?
While our main focus is on answering your query – how do I let people join my custom story? It is much important to find how to create a private story on Snapchat.
So, what is a Private Story on Snapchat? Put simply; a private story is a story on the social media network that can be viewed by a single person or by a select group of people whom the creator of the story selects. The private stories will be available in a separate section under the Our Stories section.
How to make a Private Story on Snapchat? Well, it is quite simple and easy to go with. The process is as easy as creating a snap. Here is how you would go with the task of creating a private story –
- Launch Snapchat and log in if needed.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Under the Stories section, pick the option for + Private Story.
- Pick the select list of friends that you want to share the story with. You can pick them from among the Recents list or choose them by searching for them.
- Once you select the list of friends you want to share the story with, click on Create Story. Create your story as you would create a normal story.
- Give a name to the story.
- Save it
That should do it. Your private story is created and will only be shared with those you have selected.
How to let anyone join your Private Story on Snapchat?
Now that you have created a private story on Snapchat, there is a possibility that you are looking to add or let someone join your private story. By the very nature of it, your private story will remain exclusive to your select list of friends. It will not be available for others who are on Snapchat. However, Snapchat does provide you access to an option to help you let people into the group if they request you to allow them in.
Here is how this can be done-
- Go to your private story
- Click on the three-dot menu beside your private story.
- Select the option for See Viewers
- Now pick the users who want to join your private story and whom you want to permit to join.
Once done, click Save, and your task is done.
How do I leave a private story?
To leave a private story, you will first need to pick the story in your stories section. If you know the user’s name whose story you want to leave, finding it should be quite easy and simple. You can even search using the search bar at the top.
Press and hold on to the story. You should get a pop-up. Pick the option for Leave Story. You will need to confirm that you want to leave the story. That should easily do it, and the story would disappear.
Please note that you need to be on the latest version of Snapchat to be able to leave a story. If you are not on the latest version, make sure you have updated your app to the latest version.
The private story option on Snapchat can be one of the excellent options from the privacy point of view. In fact, it provides you an option to select the list of friends who are permitted to join your private story and view the contents on it. This should definitely be a unique option that provides you a great degree of privacy at its best.
If you are looking to find an option to let people join your custom story, Snapchat also provides you access to an enhanced experience in this context. The tutorial above should look definitely like an excellent option that you would find quite exciting.