Whenever an Apple user looks to give out a presentation with enticing slide shows, their choice is Keynote. While there are many handy features available in this app, both in MAC and mobile phones, some features are least explored by aspiring slideshow creators. For instance, some users are not aware that they can actually inculcate YouTube videos in their keynotes.
Fortunately, they are getting aware of these features and ask questions like how to make a slideshow Embedding YouTube video in Keynote. We are here to assist these by showing how this is done. If you are an iOS user who is looking for the answer to the same, you are at the right place.
Why is Embedding YouTube video in Keynote a Great Idea?
Visual presentations can add interest to the viewers. This is the reason why various lectures today are acquainted with slide presentations and demonstration videos. Consequently, despite the interaction that a slide show presentation like Keynote creates, an enticing video from YouTube can add to the interest making the illustration much more fruitful. Let us check you can effortlessly add a YouTube video that can automatically play as the relevant slide is unveiled.
Embedding Youtube Video In Keynote In A Couple Of Minutes
Not many know that embedding a YouTube video in a keynote can be done within apparently no time. All you need to do is gather the offline copy of the Video and place it in the slide to play automatically. Here is a stepwise illustration of the same for better comprehension:
- Step 1: Visit YouTube in your favourite browser and navigate to the Video that you want to place in your keynote slideshow.
- Step 2: Copy the link to the video from the search bar. This link is also known as the URL of the video.
- Step 3: Now, place the URL in the new tab and add ‘ss’ in front of YouTube. You can see a YouTube downloader being loaded on your screen. Choose the obligated resolution and click on download to save an offline copy of that Video.
- Step 4: Launch the Keynote app on your device and jump to the project you are creating.
- Step 5: Navigate to Insert and then click on Choose.
- Step 6: You can see a new window open to choose from. Browse to the Video that you want to add and select it.
- Step 7: Once the Video is added, we switch to the movie tab to make necessary edits to present the needed part of the Video.
- Step 8: Uncheck the Start Movie on the Click box to play the video automatically when the slide is unveiled.
You can also use the play button on the top of the screen to replay it if needed.
Employ Liveslides- To Play Videos Directly
While inferring the above steps, do you feel that downloading the YouTube video and then embedding it is a taxing process? Fortunately, there is a way to embed the Video directly through its link. However, for this, you must have the LiveSlides add-on. Here’s what you need to do to avail this feature from LiveSlides:
- Step 1: Once you have downloaded the add-on, drag the icon into the application folder of Keynote. This ensures the feature is added to our KeyNote app.
- Step 2: Open the KeyNote app that goes to the slide where you want to embed your video.
- Step 3: Launch the LiveSlides app and enter the copied URL of the video into the search/login box, and click on Insert. This successfully embeds the YouTube video into your slide.
- Step 4: Go to the slide and click on the play button to ensure the Video is successfully placed.
The process of em[ploying the LiveSlides add-on is effortless compared to the previous one. However, there are some drawbacks to the same. Here, you may always need an active internet connection while presenting since the Video needs to play from YouTube directly.
Can You Change Video Resolution In The Liveslide Add-On?
In the previous method, where you can download the YouTube video in the desired resolution and embed it in the Keynote, there is no video resolution issue since you can effortlessly download the desired quality. However, this may not be possible when we employ LiveSLides since the app needs to be streamed from the internet every time it is opened.
Fortunately, you can change the resolution of the Video during the presentation itself. When you use the LiveSlides to depict the YouTube video in a slide, the Video is played using the YouTube player. This implies that the player has all the obligatory options that a user may need. Settings of resolution are one of them which make changing the quality possible.
Here you are, which means you have gone through the above methods to comprehend the Embedding YouTube video in Keynote. You may choose any of the two methods depicted above to solve your challenge. However, the LiveSlide can only be used where you can get access to the internet while giving the presentation; moreover, you cannot trim the Video if you need. To make the presentation engaging, try trimming the Video to less than a couple of minutes and also ensure that the clips are befitting and relevant to the topic you are dealing with.