Being a platform to offer products from almost all the niches, Amazon has turned into one of the business giants in the world. Not only for its divergent product mix but it is also known for the lucid interface and customization options that it offers to its users. One of such customization options is the addition and change of registered mobile phone numbers. Being aware of the same, many users come up with queries like how to change a phone number on amazon. If you are looking for the answer for the same, check out this post till the end for relevant insights.
How To Change Phone Number On Amazon In A PC?
If you want to use an Amazon account in Pc and want to change the phone number, it is quite easy. You may just need to know relevant steps for the same. For your better comprehension, we here state a stepwise approach to change your mobile number successfully.
- Step 1: Open your favorite browser on your PC and Navigate to the Amazon site.
- Step 2: Log in to your account by entering your credentials
- Step 3: Navigate to your account to see 6 different options. Click on Login and Security.
- Step 4: You can see a new screen with a list of options, search and navigate to Mobile Phone Number.
- Step 5: You can see an Edit option beside it; click on it.
- Step 6: Enter the present and new phone numbers. Sometimes, an OTP will be sent to the present number; enter it to confirm your new and old number.
That’s It! You have successfully changed your mobile number on amazon on PC.
How To Deal With Browser Issues In Amazon?
If you tried to log in and change the phone number and you have faced glitches in the browser, there are a few areas that you can check and refine for a better experience. Here are some common yet working areas:
- Clear Cache of your Browser, this eliminated unnecessary data stored in it; this makes the browser faster.
- Clear data in the browser, and maybe try restarting your device to make sure you have made everything better.
- Try using another browser to see if the issue really exists in the browser or the amazon server. If your account works absolutely fine on another drive, you must check the internet and other basic issues on your PC. If the issue is from the Amazon side, wait for it to get resolved. These issues often get resolved automatically after a few minutes.
How To Change Phone Number On Amazon In Mobile Phone?
While a mobile phone is a handy device that makes tasks easier, the Amazon mobile app has turned popular among all sorts of users. If you are one of them who are looking to make changes in the phone number from your mobile phone app, you can check out the following steps:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Amazon app on your mobile phone and click on it.
- Step 2: Log in to your account if not logged in previously.
- Step 3: Go to the three lines option at the top-left side of the screen and tap on it.
- Step 4: Scroll down the list of options to find and click on Your Account.
- Step 5: You can see a new list of options, scroll down and tap on Login and Security.
- Step 6: Enter the login credentials if asked to verify yourself.
- Step 7: Now, you can see a list of options that you can edit. Scroll down and navigate to Mobile Phone Number.
- Step 8: You can see an edit option beside it; tap on it.
- Step 9: Enter the new mobile number and confirm.
Boom! You have changed the phone number of your amazon account on your mobile phone.
Note that the process to change phone numbers is almost the same in both android and iOS phones since the interface of the app is almost the same.
What To Do When The Amazon App Is Not Working?
While you may look to make changes in the Amazon app, and it doesn’t work, you may need to check and address the following areas to check if the issue is resolved.
- Try Restarting your device. Restarting can make your device faster since the memory is cleared. Further, this can also automatically resolve minor glitches, if any.
- Check if your internet connection is active. Sometimes, the internet gets down, or your device may get disconnected from your wifi automatically. Ensuring an active internet connection can aid in many cases.
- Check if Amazon servers are online. Sometimes amazon servers may have temporary problems that may not let you make changes in your account. You can ensure the same by checking if amazon is working for other users or devices.
- Check if the Amazon app in your device needs any updates; an app without relevant updates can lag in various circumstances. You may also try reinstalling the app.
That’s it! You now know how to change your phone number on amazon. May it be any device that you are using the site, the process is almost the same. Further, you can change your phone number any number of times as you want. Note that any issues with the browser and the site can be sorted out easily, and thus you may not need to worry about these.