Are you facing glitches while listening to your favourite music on Spotify while travelling? If it is not a network issue, this may be caused due to some location restrictions imposed on the application. But, Don’t worry! These issues can be solved effortlessly. If you are looking for how to change location on Spotify, look no forward, we will answer the same in this post. Later, it would be wise to comprehend why location issues may arise.
Why are you unable to change Spotify Location?
Location restrictions are imposed on platforms like Spotify to avoid abuse of the system. Users can change the location setting and can misuse it by accessing restricted content. On the other hand, free accounts are not allowed while travelling countries for security issues. Even if you want to change the location, you need to verify the payment method of the new Country or location. All these factors need to be fulfilled to ensure your location is changed. Check if any of these points stay valid for you. If yes, ensure you do the needful to enable location change. Some other reasons behind this can be:
- The monthly plan can be different in the new location. Check if your plan needs to be changed and change if required.
- Customized playlists in platforms are influenced by locations too. Thus if you are listening to such playlists, reload the application.
- Check if Spotify is available at your new location. Spotify at present serves in about 180 countries and not the entire world.
- Look for any change that is interrelated to the location setting of the application.
How to Change Spotify Location?
If you are looking to check out how to change Spotify country or how to change Spotify location, you must check out the following subsections.
Change Spotify Location in Browser
As a user of Spotify, you can make any change by logging into your Account in your favourite browser. Here’s How to Change Spotify Location in PC browser:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of Spotify, www.spotify.com, in your browser and log into your Account.
- Step 2: On the home screen, you will find the Profile option in the top-right corner. Click on it.
- Step 3: Now, Click on Account in the popup list.
- Step 4: You will be taken to the Account Overview screen. Find the Edit Profile option and click on it.
- Step 5: On the new page that appears, you can see several details about the Profile. You can change any one of them. Find and click on Country.
- Step 6: From the dropdown menu that pops up, select the desired new location.
- Step 7: Now, Click on Save Profile to save the changes made.
How Change Spotify Country by updating payment plan?
As depicted in the previous lines, differences in the payment plans between the locations can lead to minor glitches. To mitigate this, you can update your present Spotify subscription to resolve the “How to Change Spotify Location” issue and successfully change the location too. Here’s how you can update the present Spotify plan:
- Step 1: Open Spotify Website and log in to your Account
- Step 2: Click on the top right option for Profile
- Step 3: In the list that appears, click on Account
- Step 4: The Account Overview page appears on your screen; scroll down to find Present Plan. Now, find the Update button to change plans automatically. If you want to do it manually, you can click on the Change Plan option to change it.
Change Country using a VPN app
VPN apps, also known as Virtual Private Network applications, are popular and readily available in the play store and app store. These apps are used to mask the internet IP address and change the device location manually. Let us see how to download and use VPN to change location in your device:
- Step 1: Go to the play store/ app store and search for VPN apps in it.
- Step 2: Select an app of your choice and download it. Let us demonstrate the further procedure with the TurboVPN lite application.
- Step 3: Launch the app on your mobile phone
- Step 4: In the app, do the options and go to the list of countries to select from.
- Step 5: Select your Country and go back to the home page. Now turn on the VPN.
Now, you can easily access Spotify with your initial location settings.
Summing up with Insights
Do you know that you can implement a third-party app other than VPN to cope with location glitches? Applications like fake GPS (android) and Virtual Location (iOS) can be used to deliberately keep location unchanged for the app. We don’t recommend it, especially for long durations, since it may not be ethical. But, you may try this if you are going for a temporary trip out of the nation.
You now know How to Change Location on Spotify. We also elucidated why glitches may arise and how to resolve them. I hope your query is resolved. Resume listening to your groove music with Spotify!