Being the largest video streaming platform, YouTube is probably the most loved streaming site. While users visit it regularly for entertainment, knowledge, and learning, creators strive to increase their reach to a wider range of audiences. Being a trending platform, it is still evidently one of the best video sharing and promoting platforms; Creators strive to get more shares and likes to turn viral. This is because they could only get a higher number of subscriptions and thus YouTube buttons by an increase in reach. Likes and dislikes often reside side by side. But can you see who disliked your video on YouTube? Most of the creators often want to know who disliked the video on YouTube rather than who liked it.
Consequently, they end up with queries like can you see who disliked your video on YouTube. We will try to look deep into the answer and relevant insights to support the answer.
Can You See Who Likes Your YouTube Video?
To answer the query- can you see who disliked your video on YouTube? You must infer if you can see who liked your YouTube video? YouTube doesn’t give any notification to the creator about any new likes or dislikes. However, the creator can set notifications for every comment added. Thus, there is no official way by which any creator can check out who actually liked and disliked their videos.
Fortunately, there is a way using which one can find out if anyone is spamming dislikes to the account. Some creators feel the need to identify their likes and dislikes, while some others feel content without these. Let us look at how to identify who disliked your videos in the coming lines.
How can I find who disliked my video on YouTube?
While you cannot exactly determine who dislikes your videos, you can follow some steps to identify who spams dislikes your videos intently. For this, you may have to check out your YouTube dashboard. Here is the step-wise procedure for the same with pictorial illustrations:
- Step 1: Open your Favorite browser and open the YouTube site.
- Step 2: Log in to your channel if you have not logged in.
- Step 3: Select the profile option on the top-right side of your screen to see a drop-down menu.
- Step 4: In the list that appears, select YouTube Studio.
- Step 5: Now, Dashboard is loaded on your screen. On the left side of the screen, scroll down to find channel analytics and click on it.
- Step 6: You can see different graphs regarding various parameters in the channel like Overview, Reach, engagement and Audience. You check out these values for better ideas.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Why did YouTube remove the dislike count?
Starting as a mere experiment, removal of dislike count pushed users into the dark since they couldn’t determine the viewer’s reaction and feedback. However, YouTube has a contrary idea behind this iconic decision. They addressed that this decision was to remove the disliking and to attack behaviour in users. It is sen that using some chrome extensions has facilitated premium and other users to get the dislike counts.
Can you bring back the dislike counter on YouTube?
In the recent version of YouTube, the dislike counter is disabled. By this, the creator, as well as the viewers, can only see the counts of likes and not on dislikes. While many users complain about the same, the feature is disabled as a part of YouTube upgrades. However, you can opt for a handy extension to bring back the dislike counter. Here we look into steps to install and use Return YouTube Dislike.
- Step 1: Check on to your favourite chrome browser and search for Return YouTube Dislike Extension. Select the first site that appears in the list
- Step 2: In the new page that loads, find and click on Add to Chrome.
- Step 3: Click on Add Extension in the new window appearing to confirm the download.
- Step 4: Once the extension is added, you will get a notification
- Step 5: Now check out the same video with the counter of dislikes.
YouTube never exposes the people who liked or disliked your video showing respect for their security and privacy. Thus, there is no legitimate way to determine who disliked your video. Fortunately, analytics and channel dashboards give you compensating valuable insights which can help you amplify your channel performance and get away from spammers. Creator studio is like a lab for every creator to make relevant upgrades; it also aids in diminishing the effect of likes and dislikes on the creator.