Who doesn’t love music? It’s a great experience to listen to Spotify music on a parent’s or guardian’s phone as a kid. Spotify is one of those few platforms that offer a wide range of albums to all its users. After listening to songs from parents’ accounts, we feel enticed to change the email address to ours. In this context, you may ask, “can I change my Spotify email?” The question is legitimate since many applications, unfortunately, don’t offer such options.
When it comes to Spotify, this app does not require you to make an account to use it to its fullest extent. However, users often create an account for a specific identity. And to create one, you will need to provide basic details, including an email address. In some cases, the email address provided may get wrong due to spelling mistakes.
Whatever may be the case, users often ask, “how to change the Spotify email address?“. If you are looking to answer the same, look no further, we’ll elucidate how you can change email.
- 1 Do you get an option to change Spotify Mail?
- 2 How to Change Email on Spotify?
- 3 Some Frequently asked questions
Do you get an option to change Spotify Mail?
Spotify seldom communicates all its regulations and important updates through registered mails. Thus, having an active email id linked to it is crucial. This creates a misconception that Spotify won’t allow the change in the email address, while some others ask queries like “can I change my Spotify email?”. The Good news is that Spotify allows its users to change their email addresses. Unlike those few platforms that don’t give such options, Spotify provides these options keeping privacy intact.
How to Change Email on Spotify?
When you are listening to your beloved beats on Spotify, have you ever suddenly realized that you are not getting email notifications as you used to get it? And then you suddenly realize you are not using the same email id anymore. If something similar happens with you, you may need to change your email to the new one. Let us look into how to change Email on various devices.
Change Spotify Email in Android and iPhone
If you want to change the email on your mobile phone, it is relatively effortless unless you know how to do it. Here’s how you can change Spotify email on a mobile phone:
- Step 1: Open your mobile phone and launch the Spotify application.
- Step 2: Now check out settings great on the right-top side of the screen; tap on it.
- Step 3: Now, in the new screen that appears, tap on Email.
- Step 4: Now, you can see the present email address that is registered. Tap on it to edit the new email address that you want to update. Now tap on OK.
You have now changed your email address on your mobile phone.
Change Spotify Email in PC application
A PC can be a shielded device to make settings for your accounts. Thus, you may try changing the Spotify email in it. Here’s how you can change Spotify email in PC application:
- Step 1: Open your PC and launch the Spotify application in it.
- Step 2: On the Spotify home screen, you can see your account at the top-right corner. Click on it.
- Step 3: Now, you will see a list of options popping up beside your mouse. Click on Account.
- Step 4: A new screen appears named Account Overview Page; find and click on Edit profile
- Step 5: In the new screen that appears, you can enter the new email address of your choice and click on Save Profile.
Change Spotify Email in PC Browser
Don’t you have the Spotify app on your PC? Do you want to change its email in your favorite browser? You can do it with ease. Here’s how you can change Spotify email in your PC browser directly:
- Step 1: Open your favorite browser and type spotify.com in the search bar.
- Step 2: Log in with your credentials.
- Step 3: Now, you can see account details on the corner; click on it
- Step 4: Your account page opens now. Click on Edit profile below account overview.
- Step 5: The edit page is opened now; enter your new email in the email column in place of the old Email.
- Step 6: Now click on Save Profile at the bottom of the page to save all the changes made.
Some Frequently asked questions
Does Spotify notify you when you change Email?
Spotify notifies users with all relevant notifications. A confirmation mail will be shared to your new email id when it is changed. This mail includes all the details of the changes made. You can check if all the details are true; if not, you can revert back directly through mail or through the application.
Why can’t you sometimes change Spotify email?
Evidently, Spotify allows all its users to change their registered email addresses. However, minor glitches may constrain you from doing so. For instance, if you have created a Spotify account through Facebook. In this case, you need to change the email id only from the Facebook settings. To do this, log in to your site and visit settings to alter your email address.
That’s it! You now know how to change Spotify email. The process is pretty effortless on both PC and Mobile Phones. Moreover, the process is almost the same on the PC, whether through a PC app or in your favorite browser. If you are an iOS user, don’t worry! We have provided the solution for that too. But where? The process is the same for both android and iPhone applications. Now, you can retain your music without tension about email notifications!